Last post for the Lapeirousia line. I always have a bit of trouble drawing these guys but I think it turned out okay this time, I like the dumb little leaping pose at any rate. I also like how the plating makes it look kinda like a trilobite. Not really satisfied with the claws though, they’re totally hair clips :T
As for the attack, I just tried to make it look like a more intense / viscous version of Lapeirousia’s Poison Sting, since Toxic Sting is basically the same move but 4x more powerful.
I cannot contain my gleeful squeaking
The Diva in the dressing room before the shoot. My darling Ophelia <3
*Edit: I think the best part about this is I just put her on the set and she crawled up onto the vanity all by herself. All I did was slide the chair under her butt. She is just naturally a diva, I guess!
I love these pictures so muchhhhhhhh so so much
the best part of parasimon is that they’re constantly giggling in these scenes
I would be too, that shit looks fun
Tips For Getting Over Fear Of Spiders
Arachnophobia is the fear of spiders and other arachnids. It is one of the most common fears in the world, and it is unclear why. It is debated on whether it is an evolutionary fear, a cultural fear, or a learned one. But it is a fear that can be lessened or removed with time, willingness, and patience.
The most popular treatment is desensitization. This should be done gradually so as to not stress yourself out and strengthen the fear.
- Start slowly. Begin by researching spiders. Remember to make sure your research source is reliable. A lot of yoo-hoos post a lot of false information on the internet about how terrible spiders are. Go to well-known and recommended websites and even look for books in the library. Yes, libraries still exist. Figure out which ones are harmful and which ones aren’t.
- Now, start looking at pictures online of less intimidating-looking spiders, such as little jumping spiders. Some even find jumping spiders to be cute, with expressive eyes and furry little bodies.
- To further desensitize without direct contact with spiders is to watch videos. People post videos of themselves handling or feeding jumping spiders and of orb weavers making their webs. Watching these videos of them making their webs can be intriguing and educational. Documentaries are the best, because it mixes exposure and education.
- Once you’re ready, expose yourself to real spiders. I’m sure you might find some in your yard or around your house. Just observe from a distance, or go visit a tarantula in a pet store. You’ll find that they don’t do much but sit around.
- Optional step: you may want to take it a step further and hold a spider. Make sure the spider is not harmful. All orb weavers, jumping spiders, and daddy long-legs (cellar spiders) are harmless and are all very common. Make sure to do your research ahead of time. At this point you should be very proud of yourself, as you’ve successfully gotten over your fear.
Remember that this should be done gradually, not all at once. It can take people weeks, months, even years to get over a major phobia. Don’t rush yourself, and don’t get frustrated or upset.
Other devices that can be used to overcome this fear include:
- Simply thinking about spiders. Put yourself in this situation: Spiders live on every continent except Antarctica. They are everywhere. You would have had more bad experiences with them if they are so terrible, don’t you think?
- Remember that spiders are beneficial. We would be wading through swarms of mosquitoes, flies, gnats, and other pests on a daily basis if it weren’t for our friendly neighborhood spiders.
- Realize that spiders don’t attack people on purpose. If you’ve been bitten, you’ve probably either threatened the spider or its eggs, or it got caught up in your clothing or got pinched by you and was simply struggling to find a way out. We are not the spiders’ prey, so they don’t have any reason to want to bite us.
- As silly as it sounds, get spider toys and fake spiders. Leave them in obvious places. You’ll know they’re not real and they can’t harm you, and your brain will form an association with the shape of them.
- Look up how to identify the harmful spiders. Once you learn which ones to avoid, you’ll have an idea of the safe ones to be around. This also makes you stop to examine the spiders you’re looking at.
- When you see a spider, don’t run or smash it. Just stand back and watch it until you don’t feel afraid anymore.
- When you see a spider in your house, catch it in a cup and examine it. Try looking online for an identification for it (or ask me). Give it a name if you want. You can then safely set it free away from your house.
- On the extreme end of the spectrum, you could keep a spider as a pet. Large jumping spiders make good pets, and tarantulas are incredibly practical. Feeding your pet and watching it grow helps you develop a bond with this spider. Once you associate this love and care for a single spider, your compassion will radiate to all spiders. Humans have natural compassion.
- Be patient. You can’t get rid of a fear overnight, and sometimes you can’t get rid of it completely. That is okay. Just accept the fact that as humans, we have to coexist with spiders on a daily basis and without them, life would probably suck.
I wish you the best of luck. Remember, spiders are our friends!
Happy hunting, spiderlings!
Your Noble Spider Night, Sir P. Audax.
This is my personal favorite educational link to show people: http://www.burkemuseum.org/spidermyth/
Last post of the Myrtus line. I covered these guys pretty well here, but about Mummyboar itself I just wanna say… I really love that it’s this jacked up mummified pig and, as the zukan describes it, “It can use its bandages to treat its friends’ wounds.” Thank you for wrapping your grody linens on people to make them feel better <3
ATTENTION LGBTQ YOUTH IN TEXAS:
Governor elections are coming up really soon.
Your main tickets are:
Tx. attorney general Greg Abbott (R)
Senator Wendy Davis (D)
Abbott is for “traditional values” AKA against gay rights.
Davis is all for LGBTQ rights.
IF WENDY DAVIS IS ELECTED TEXAS MAY FINALLY LEGALIZE GAY MARRIAGE BY NEXT YEAR.
ALL WE NEED TO DO IS VOTE!!!!!
REBLOG TO SAVE LIVES
A creature from my dream I had night ago. There was a part of the dream which looked like a rpg game (most notably Etrian Odyssey) combined with horde battles in pokemon. I was heading back to the school to rescue the remaining children and the action was taking place on a dessert (somehow similar to desert in XY and that Rhyhorn path), almost at its end, near to the school. Normaly only single Bisharps appears there but then like 15 monsters jumped out of nowhere and we (because apparently I got team members) couldn’t pass through. Some critters were escaping (the silver armadillo thing), some were calling more foes (Bisharps), and then the horde became like 40 monsters in two rows and we gave up because this would end into endless fight.
The dream made it clear the silver one is based on few franchises - Steelix (Pokemon) (althrough it was small but it got snake-ish shape), Osie (the round shape) (a Denjuu from Telefang), and Blue Eyes White Dragon (Yu-Gi-Oh) (general coloration, style and detailing).
Picture done almost entirely in SAI (sign and editing in GIMP)
Look at this cute bab
also pls use Wikifang rather than Wikiafang